Call for applications to the Online-school Economic Development and International Trade After Pandemic — EDITAP guided by Department of World Economy, St. Petersburg State University (SPSU) and Supported by the WTO Chairs Programme on November 15 – 20, 2021.
The EDITAP online school aims to expand and deepen the students’ knowledge of the international trading system in a post-pandemic environment.
- Essential challenges COVID-19 poses for international trade:
- Digital trade as a new reality: effects on economic development
- IP protection in international trade and public health care
- Transport infrastructure development after pandemic
- Agenda for regional trade agreements: responses to pandemic
- Post-COVID-19 future for global value chains
November 15-17 - Lectures by SPSU staff and experts - 10 hours
November 18-19 - Students’ team work on projects supervised by the academic coordinators - 8 hours
November 20 - Projects’ presentations and final discussion - 6 hours
- Students will learn about topical issues in a post-pandemic environment
- The course provides students exposure to academic thinking as part of the WTO Chairs Program and in combination with offering policy options
- Interactive learning methods, including through teamwork in an international and a multidisciplinary setting
- Students having successfully completed the course will be granted a certificate and 3 ECTS points by SPSU
- IT platform will be provided for the interactive and distant learning
- Master students in Economics, Business, International Relations, and International Economic Law.
- The required level of English is B2 or higher.
- Students who are accepted for the on-line school must be available for the whole period and have solid Internet access.
- CV (1-2 pages), detailing educational and research background and English knowledge level. Please, indicate in your CV the name, affiliation, and contact details of the professor recommending you for the school.
- A motivation letter (up to 3500 characters), which should include key objectives and reasons for participation. The documents should be sent to email@example.com.
Application deadline: October 25, 2021.
Admission: free of charge.
Selection of participants will be undertaken by a selection committee.
Notification of application results: November 1, 2021.
EDITAP School, Department of World Economy
Faculty of Economics, St. Petersburg State University